Friday, May 20, 2011

hot heidelberg






I traveled to Göteborg on Wednesday and had such a nice evening at Rum för Papper! In their backyard they presented their latest collaboration with HDK's 1st year Design students and printing company Göteborgstryckeriet. The students had illustrated 3 cards each and two lucky winners got their threesome printed, right then and there, by the Original Heidelberg letterpress, brought over only for this occasion! Nothing compares to the beauty of letterpress printing... My photos don't do the cards justice, you can't see the imprint really. Anyway, I had a great time, meeting many old friends and acquaintances, and it's always great to see Ulrica, Tove and Mia from the shop - and who so generously treated us all to this.

Thursday was spent at HDK, teaching a bookbinding workshop to 25 very attentive 2nd year Design students. I love doing those workshops, I really get a kick each time. So I was happy and content on the train back home to Stockholm and didn't get all worked up when the train ran a bit late so I missed my connection for Sigtuna...

No comments:

Post a Comment