Thursday, September 11, 2008

blacks and yellows

This week I only managed to do one self portrait, which means only one day in the studio :( I've had some commission work to do at home.




This is another of my projects. I'm not sure yet where I'm going with this one, only that the paper is very large and I'm planning on filling it with my little "cells".

My studio mate had brought a sunflower for a still life painting. She pointed out the similarities between the flower and my drawing.

Nothing beats nature...


Tomorrow the girls and I fly off to Greece! Mattias' three weeks of freedom in the sun are over. We'll spend one week roasting somewhere, perhaps on the island of Thassos, and then we'll all go back to the cold, rainy north again. Yay.

Hope you all have a great week!

5 comments:

  1. I like this cell work your doing, and also this self portrait exercise you gave you.

    By the way, I tagged you!
    http://floradouville.blogspot.com/2008/09/3-last-days-in-london.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. på två dagar när iallafall pust att det ordnade sig

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are enjoying your trip!
    I think these drawings - especially large pages filled with tiny circles is a kind of therapy. It takes much patience and many thoughts enter ones mind while creating them.

    ReplyDelete