Thursday, February 12, 2009

sticky paper




Last week I had two days of bookbinding workshops at Sigtuna Folkhögskola. Half the students were from the photography department and half from the art department. As always, a great bunch of people. It's nice to teach something so "hands-on". When they're done, they know 3 different techniques on how to bind a book and also how to make a folder for keeping paper/art/photos. With this knowledge (and a manual I've put together), I hope they're able to experiment on their own, making book projects, albums or portfolios.



Yesterdays selfportrait.

6 comments:

  1. Åh så bra självporträtt! Jag känner igen alla delar och får lite till :)
    Vad kul med Kavalla, grattis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. efcharistå Camilla (måste börja träna på grekiskan)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on this one!

    From the pictures posted of yourself it looks like you got a good likeness.

    Also, as a fellow artist myself, your face has a lot of nice angles to it. Nice bone structure/defined cheekbones (that's a good thing).

    -Dean

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful - i would love to join in myself. it sounds very rewarding..and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Compliments for your blog, I do a sort of bookbinding (cartonnage) so I read with interest about this lessons...!!!!

    Best regards from Spain

    ReplyDelete